It’s approaching mid-May and we can’t believe this academic year is almost over! At the Academy we are all too aware that this can be a challenging time and also a stressful time for students and also parents.
In today’s article we are going to focus on some of our top tips and advice for students to help them stay focused, calm and productive in the weeks ahead.
So let’s get started with our top 5 tips:
1. While it might be tempting to spend every waking moment with your head in the books, it is so important to give yourself some time out too. Go for a walk, take some exercise, or spend quality time with family and friends. Little things like this will really help you to keep calm ahead of the exams.
2. Drink plenty of water and try your best to maintain a healthy, well-balanced diet, avoiding excessive sugar and junk food. This will really help to improve your concentration levels and also greatly aid your sleep.
3. Limit screen time! We are all guilty of sometimes spending too much time on our phones and this can be a huge distraction from study. Social media can also sometimes be a negative place to be during exam time, with peers openly sharing their stresses online, this won’t help you stay positive and focused on your own preparation!
4. Get enough sleep! This can be easier said than done when you have a lot on your mind, but being well rested makes it so much easier to absorb information and will make studying much more productive. Apps such as Headspace and Calm can be really useful if you are struggling to fall asleep and find your mind racing at night.
5. If you are experiencing stress, don’t be afraid to speak to your teachers, parents and friends. As the saying goes ‘it’s good to talk’, and those around you are there to help support you through this challenging time!
Finally, from all of us here at the Academy a huge well done on all your hard work this year and we wish you the very best of luck in your exams!