6th Year Spanish Grinds
These grinds focus on scrutinising and analysing the exam to your advantage. Firstly, they focus on building an awareness of what the examiner wants and then on providing the confidence to be able to supply it. You will learn what your examiner is looking for. The following topics will be covered:
- Reading Comprehensions (exam techniques & content)
- Oral Exam Preparation topic by topic & Role-plays
- Opinion Piece (structure, plans, vocabulary & sample essays)
- Dialogue Construction (repetitive structures, vocabulary & tenses)
- Diary Entry & Notes
- Aural Comprehension (exam technique & vocabulary)
Significant time is dedicated to preparing for the Oral Examination. This preparation includes:
- Free mock oral examinations during the year, one taking place before Christmas and one after. Each student is given a feedback sheet
- Free personalised answer booklets are prepared for every student. These focus on individual answers each student would have on their family, hobbies, where they live etc
- Oral exam preparation starts at the beginning of the academic year as it is worth 25% of the overall grade
About the teacher: Lisa Fitzpatrick is the Head of the Foreign Languages Department at The Dublin Academy of Education. She has written several Leaving Certificate textbooks and is a member of the Spanish Teachers’ Association of Ireland. Lisa has given teaching workshops to teachers nationwide.
3.00 average base on 1 rating
Amazing courseNunc erat justo, semper sed dui et, scelerisque varius massa. In eu tincidunt mi. Phasellus nec maximus justo, id eleifend nibh. Fusce non feugiat nunc. Suspendisse vel lacinia tortor. Maecenas suscipit tellus nibh, quis suscipit ante aliquam vitae.